Thursday, March 3, 2011

Where is Spring Again?

Wednesday was my first day back on a normal schedule.. I was so upset I missed my awesome Tuesday night Vinyasa class that I decided to go to a Power Yoga Hour @ Crunch on UWS .. it was really intense. there were a ton of Vinyasa type yoga poses that were great but then they just hurt. Today my legs feel a bit like they could detach from my body and my upper back and shoulders are really sore.. Lets just hope I dont die tonight..

Anyways yesterdays Eats:
Breakfast
Coffee - back to Fat Free Vanilla creamer and it really is just not the same...
Nature valley- Green bar (never mentioned before) Obviously I get the green oats and honey flavor- Its the best one!
Lunch
Parmesan couscous w/leftover steamed broccoli and kale

Kale was made the night before like this for 25 minutes:
  • 1 pound kale, tough stems and center ribs discarded and leaves cut into 1-inch-wide strips (8 cups)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • Pinch of dried hot red pepper flakes
Added at end:
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Dinner 
Yummy steak with mashed potatoes and some broccoli!
  • The potatoes were mashed and speared with Smart Balance spread
  • Broccoli steamed in water
  • Steak marinated for 3 hours in BBQ sauce and broiled for like 10 minutes once I got home


I like my steak rare so this looked so good I needed to take another picture...

Here's to hoping I make it to Cardio Tai Box!

No comments:

Post a Comment