Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Purim is in T minus 4 days!

You know what goes great together? Mondays breakfast:

  • 2 homemade Hamentashen - apricot and rasberry and Coffee = YUM
Lunch:

  • Chicken and pastrami whole wheat wrap w/pickle and coleslaw (obvi) from Mendys w/some buds (shoutout)

Dinner:

  • 3 bowls (I know.. portion control!) of unstuffed cabbage soup.
  • 1 piece of leftover Squash Kugel 

This soup is basically delicious tomato soup with cabbage and meat. I usually make it for only small Shabbat meals with close family or just me and the hubs because not everyone is as huge a fan as I am... and for all out there who don't have this yummy recipe:


Squash Kugel (recipe courtesy of friend Rachel)

  • 1 large squash cut in half and baked for 1 hr OR one package cut up fresh squash boiled til mashable
  • 1/2 stick of marg
  • 1/2-3/4 cup sugar (sweetness preference)
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup non dairy creamer
  • 3 eggs
  • cinnamon


 
Boil or bake the squash until mashable, mash in the margarine while still hot so it melts in. then add sugar, flour, eggs and creamer and mix til smooth. pour into greased pan (9 by 13 is a little big, try and find a bit smaller so its thicker - i use one of the white corningware dishes) - sprinkle with cinamon and bake for 45 min or til brown and bubbly.


There has been lots of preparation for Purim in my house but I still had time to go to the gym for 35 minutes on the elliptical! I am at that place where I need to step up my time to 45 .. but I just get so bored :(

Tuesday will not be a gym night.. as Boro Park is calling my name but tomorrow I'll step it up!





No comments:

Post a Comment