Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Free Lunch makes for no diet lunch

On Monday we had a lunch out in my department. The day started off normally/fatningly with a HUGE Costco blueberry muffin and coffee. Then Colbeh was the venue of choice so while my coworkers ate chicken or fish I went all out with an Eggplant braised veal stew with rice. Then the waiter threw in a traditional stew made of greens, braised beef, and kidney beans over crispy rice. A bit heavy for lunch I think.. especially with the Alfasi Cabernet Sauvignon, and chocolate pyramid cake with coffee cream center for dessert.

We rolled back to work and then after work I braved the Alaskan outdoors to go to the gym! On a Monday!
35 minute weight loss on elliptical. It then took me two hours to get home and by the time I got home and settled on the couch all I wanted was soup. Good thing I had potato, leek, broccoli soup made from Sunday night!

Had two bowls of this while watching the 6 part documentary of Making of Twilight: Eclipse. I know I am a nerd and I embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment