Friday, May 6, 2011

Easy Peasy

Getting used to WW hasnt been soo difficult because I had already been eating healthy for awhile now. The main differences are not snacking and thinking about everything before I eat it, aka is it worth it. Its also cool because I have to list every single thing that I eat so its good to keep that in check, but this seems to be affecting my blogging because I used to write everything I eat here.. Working on that!

Some random pics from this week:
In the above:

  • corn
  • tomatoes
  • hearts of palm
  • black beans
  • green pepper
  • red onion

I made myself this salad mixture after taco salad night.. its basically a bunch of leftover canned veggies that I brought with me to work covered in some apple cider vinegar, Italian seasoning, S and P.

It was my emergency stash on Wed just in case I got starving.. In the end I just had a couple of bites of it and then ended up eating it with lettuce for dinner on Thursday night (with some FAT FREE (GO WW!) Raspberry Vinegarette from Target.

PS Fat Free equals taste free with some dressings... They say on the WW site that you should have fat free bottled dressings on hand. It is a bit hard to trust all they say because in addition to being on weight watchers I also try and eat healthy and not processed foods as often as I can. So I don't like to buy any of their processed snacks etc. The only WW brand things I got are ice cream pops (Latte Bars to be exact)

Another dinner this week was Eggplant Parmesan:
Here is my healthier way of making it:

Slice 1 eggplant and soak with salt for a bit ( I have NEVER done this before usually because I don't have time) and it was really cool to see all the random moisture that came out of the eggplant!

Dip eggplant slices into eggwhites (I bought a bottle of this stuff and its basically been getting me thru the week and now I just pour a bit instead of cracking a whole egg)

Dip eggplant w/egg into seasoned bread crumbs
Bake at 350 for 45 min
Take out eggplant and make little towers with marinara, mozarella, and parmesan (2 x)

I tried to use as little sauce and cheese that I saw necessary and in the end it was delicious! Didn't taste too differently than normal eggplant parm and I never fried mine anyways so not such a huge change!

Re Cheese:

WW says we should only be eating nonfat or low fat cheese and Kosher cheese is not so easy to find (if any of my random readers out there know of any please let me know!) I find that Shoprite carries a random kosher brand where some of their cheese is part skim. So I have been eating that muenster cheese on just about everything (its still points but so is everything).

Will be posting more pics and posts about my new WW dinners and healthy way of life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment