Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chili with a baked potato YUM!

Also at Trader Joes i picked up 2 artichokes at $0.69 each so i cooked those alongside a new chili experiment. I picked up a chili cookbook at Marshalls recently for $3.99 and have so far tried out two.

Yesterdays was simple enough

1 chopped yellow onion
1 lb ground turkey
1 28 oz can diced tomatos
1 can black beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 Tbsp cumin ( I only did 1/2 Tbsp and that was too much for me)
1 Tbsp chili powder

I think that was it .. pretty basic: Just saute onions, add turkey, break apart. Then add cumin and chili powder once turkey is no longer pink. Add cans and cook for 10 minutes or longer.

I threw it on a baked potato and yummo dinner!
I tried this recipe but didnt like it as much as the traditional recipe without cumin. I think I'll try a new one next time.

Also I went on the bike last night for the first time in over a week! Last week was just too tiring.. I was healthy and watched what i ate but too tired to do much else.. So 2 miles yesterday... I think I can even go longer next time.. which will either be tonight or thursday night!

Good Luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment