Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Smoothies!

After seeing food/health bloggers make smoothies forever and lusting after them.. I finally gave in! (By giving in I mean took out my trusty Kitchen Aid blender that I got for my wedding 3 years ago and barely used once!)

I have made smoothies 3x this week!
Sunday:
2 bananas
handful of blackberries
5 frozen strawberries
1 strawberry yogurt container
ice

Monday:
1 banana
5 frozen strawberries
handful blackberries -finishing the carton :(
1 Greek peach yogurt container
ice
- I didn't crush the ice enough on this one so it was a bit icy.. I knew for the next one

Tuesday
2 bananas
9 frozen strawberries
a couple spoonfuls of organic vanilla yogurt (Trader Joes)
ice
- this was delicious! I just need a bit more yogurt next time.

this is a work in progress but I am really excited to be up and at em in the morning blending my healthy-fruity- wake up metabolism breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment