Thursday, November 7, 2013

Getting in the groove


I have been doing ok on this South Beach extravaganza. I am super strict during the week and on weekends it appears I suck. I am trying to have more control, but I am a massive foodie so I figure its the balance my body needs to not lose the lbs extra fast so they come flying back. This past week I weighed in at 152.5 which means I gained 2 lbs over the weekend and lost 1 already.. I am fine with the fluctuation just because it meant I could drink wine, eat sushi, and pizza, and french fries while out Sat night! I had to stop with the morning omelets I was getting super naus from all the eggs. Now every day goes like this:
Cup of nonfat plain greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey ( I know not south beach approved but I am too much of a health nut to eat fake sugar)
Cheese String for snack
Salad:
The other night I made this soup that is perfect for winter and I would imagine no points (WW will always be in my head).

Veggie Soup:
Onion
3-4 Carrots
1 zuchini
1 box frozen spinach
1 32 ounz diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 box vegetable stock
1 can white kidney beans (Canneloni)
spices (dill, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, oregano)
Freshly grated parmesan for top!

All I did was sautee onions, carrots, zuchini with garlic and olive oil until tender. Add spices stir around. Add tomato cans, and stock. Make it hot! Add spinach and kidney beans and cook until the soup thickens up (about 30 minutes).

Serve with grated parmesan!

YUM!

Side

No comments:

Post a Comment